Strategist with retail karma
Retail marketing is the most dynamic area of today’s marketing spectrum and market demand is booming. The omnichannel challenge, digitization and the exploded retail landscape is full of great opportunities for commercial strategists with a keen eye on how retail works.
The Strategic Planner in our retail practice is responsible for generating shopper and retail marketing insights, advising and permanently following up our clients’ retail functioning. Our clients are in the FMCG, telecom and retail sectors.
Your job is to actively shape our clients’ customer journeys and touchpoints:
- Advise clients on retail / shopper challenges
- Create and advise clients on retail calendar improvement
- Create and manage the omnichannel strategies of our clients together with account, creative, digital, social and media specialists
- Develop shopper strategies for manufacturer and retailer clients
- Evaluate proposed creative ideas against briefs
- Guide accounts and creatives in the possibilities that retail environments possess: store design, media, carrier bags, packaging, shop functioning, sampling, …
You actively and openly seek collaboration and interaction with the Wunderman Antwerp arsenal of specialists: brand strategists, technologists, accounts, creatives and marketers on both the agency and client side.
- You love the retail aspect of marketing and the impact it can have 5 years’ experience (combined) in:
- an agency with a lot of retail clients;
- marketing experience with a retailer brand; and/or
- retail/shopper marketing experience with a manufacturer brand.
- Presentation skills & the ability to produce concise and convincing documents, insights and proposals.
- Must be able to deal with pressure and unpredictable circumstances; not territorial.
- Languages: fluent in Dutch or French with good knowledge of English
- Comfortable working with various types of people – junior, senior, Creatives, Account Managers, clients.
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Ambitious and highly creative clients
- A team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies
- We are part of the WPP Network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career
- Wunderman Antwerp is a cheerful mix. We do not care about religion, skin colour, nationality, … as long as you know your profession
- Talent development, training & education via Wunderman University and WPP’s tailor made programs (up to MBA).